Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

workhouse records

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Susan

Susan Report 26 Sep 2007 13:52

hi does anyone know how i may obtain records for milton union workhouse online as i live "up north" and obviously a long way away from archives for that area

cheers sue

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 26 Sep 2007 14:10

From www.workhouses.org.uk
(An excellent site for Poor Law).

Records for Milton (Milton Regis) Union Kent

Centre for Kentish Studies, Sessions House, County Hall, Maidstone, Kent, ME14 1XQ. Holdings include: Guardians' minutes (1835-1930); Admissions and discharges (1835-1932); Births (1866-1912); Deaths (1893-1936); Creed register (1888-1914); Register of children in institution (1914-24); Addresses of friends of paupers (1902-28); Vaccination registers (1853-1929); etc.

They may be able to do a search/copies but will probably charge for the service.

Chris

Susan

Susan Report 26 Sep 2007 14:25

thanks for the info chaps, ill try your sugge

cheers suestions