Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Scotlandspeople Centre, Edinburgh

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

motherhen

motherhen Report 26 Sep 2007 14:00

Hi Everyone

I was at Fife Family History Fair last Saturday and there was a stall for the Scotlandspeople website. If anyone is thinking of going to the Scottish Records Office(New Register House, Edinburgh) next spring the new Family History Centre is opening in March or maybe April( the lady on the stall thought it would be later as she thought they were a bit optimistic with their dates of opening!)

The cost is being reduced from £17 down to £10 for a day's searching from then and there will also be 2 hours of FREE searching but you cannot book a 2 hour place - it is on a first come basis.

Hope this makes sense. It is not often you hear of prices coming down rather than going up!!

Diana

motherhen

motherhen Report 26 Sep 2007 16:04

nudged

Euphemia

Euphemia Report 27 Sep 2007 10:50

Hi Diana I went to the library yesterday and was also told about new centre she thought it would be april will be advertised. wish I had heard about the fair as I am just starting out and need more info where was it held and how often thanks Fay Edinburgh