Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Mark Warren Stephens drowned in Royal Oak disaster

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Melody

Melody Report 29 Sep 2007 13:48

Mark Warren Stephens was drowned in the Royal Oak Disaster 1939, age 22. I believe he was the sweetheart of Hilda Nora Whaley from Nottingham and is the Father of my partner. Any info gratefully accepted. If anyone knows how I can look up where he came from that would be useful. I have his Royal Navy Service No etc.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 29 Sep 2007 14:03

In Memory of
Assistant Cook MARK WARREN STEPHENS

P/MX 56897, H.M.S. Royal Oak, Royal Navy
who died age 22
on 14 October 1939
Son of Mark Warren Stephens and Martha Stephens; husband of Daisy Ellen Stephens, of Wareham, Dorsetshire.
Remembered with honour
PORTSMOUTH NAVAL MEMORIAL

Roy

Jeremy

Jeremy Report 6 Oct 2007 20:09

You may be interested to know that there is a book on the disaster by Alexander McKee called Black Saturday. There is currently a copy on sale for $1 on abebooks.com. He does spend a bit too much time on a conspiracy theory he later admits is untrue but otherwise it is not a bad book.

regards

Jerry