Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please help me if you can.!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kerry

Kerry Report 1 Oct 2007 10:53

Hi...

If anyone can point me in the right direction i would be sooo gratefull...Im 36 yrs old and for the last 10yrs have been thinking about trying to find my Father,I have now come to a point in my life where i feel i need to find/meet/chat to him..I have spent hrs walking round the area he came from and after speaking to some or the "older" folks around have found out quite alot of info on him and his brother,have visted the graves of his parents and found my fathers birth and marriage certs but i just cant find him or any relations..Its like they have vanished in thin air and its so frustrating to say the least..I know my father had at a daughter older than me and have been told he had a couple more by 1977.?..I know the names of both his wives and have his parents details but cant cant find anything on him or his other children...If anyone could offer any help advice or just point me in the right direction i would really appreciate it...
As a human being dont you think we all have a right to know where we come from..
Many thanks
Kerry
His details are...
Martin Thomas Jones..Born Welwyn Herts in nov 1944 to parents Haold george Edward and Mary Winifred Eileen Jones nee Westwood.(his mother died 11 days after his birth),brother is Christopher Harold Jones born Feb 1940 in Wheathampstead Herts..
Martin and Christopher both lived in Welwyn herts at least 30 yrs ago..
Many thanks again

Heather

Heather Report 1 Oct 2007 11:17

Kerry, have a look at the adoption tips thread, a bit further down the board. That may give you some idea on how to go about tracing him.

Meanwhile I guess you have tried electoral rolls and phone books etc. and have checked out any matches on trees on here?

Julie

Julie Report 1 Oct 2007 11:34

Kerry

Have you tried putting a letter in the local paper for his area, trying to find.
I did a similar thing in a Brighton newspaper and got a result!! Worth a try. You can often email the paper from the internet.

Kerry

Kerry Report 1 Oct 2007 12:09

Thanks Heather, sorry if i wasnt clear before but i wasnt adopted..My parents wasnt married just in a relationship and he left when i was 6wks old....Have done the phone book and electoral rolls and with a surname like Jones its been a long road...But thank you anyway

Hi Julie..Thanks for the advice but i have an done the local newspaper bit and had posters put up in the area..Done everything poss...Its almost like he never existed....

Victoria

Victoria Report 1 Oct 2007 21:47

n

For info

Kerry

Kerry Report 4 Oct 2007 11:02

Thanks Crouger...

I do know that Martin married Madeline and then Patricia in 1971 and he had a dughter called Helen by Madeline and two children(at least) more by his second wife but dont know names or date....Thank you so much for helping me
Kerry

Kerry

Kerry Report 4 Oct 2007 12:22

Could she have been adopted when her mothers marriage broke down maybe..?...How would i find this out
Kerry

Kerry

Kerry Report 5 Oct 2007 16:57

Thank you so much..I really appreciate you doing this...

Kerry

Kerry Report 6 Oct 2007 20:41

Hi Crougar

My mum tells me that in 1971 me mum and martin were going to emigrate to South Africa,clothes and belongings went ahead of us and unfortunately martin also went without us.!!
He returned a yr later saying he had married particia(byrne) abut wanted mum back..Needless to say she told him where to go...He had a cousin who lived in SA..Brry Jones who ive spoke to and hes not seen Martin for at least 36 yrs also...Its a complicated story i know.....

Kerry