Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help requested on movement of person Ireland >

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Darrel

Darrel Report 2 Oct 2007 14:44

Hi,

Not sure if anyone can help. I'm looking at a Thomas Turner b abt 1845 Ireland. He was married to Ellen Turner. I have three children for them Margaret b1863 in Consett Co Durham, Ellia b1865 in Ireland and Ellen b1871 in Middlesbrough. Margaret died 22/12/1935 in Newcastle upon tyne.

Now, Ive found some info from ancestry.co.uk that shows a USA census of a Thomas Turner (1880 federal census). Shows a Thomas Turner in Birmingham, Delaware, Pennsylvania. He was aged 35 a born abt 1845 in Ireland. His spouse at this time was Ellen H. Also residing there were Ellen 12, Mary 10, Kate 7, Anna 5 and Sarah 4.

I have to admit Im unsure where to turn to see how to find if there is any match or not. The dates are out slightly and if it was the same, would suggest he moved to the UK, then to the US and maybe back to the UK. So, for this I suppose Id need to check immigration?

Just wondering if anyone can point me (or shove me!) in the right direction here.

Many thanks.