Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Address Search

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Louise

Louise Report 2 Oct 2007 16:11

Hi,
I have the death certificate of my ggrandfather with his address at the time.
Would the record have his place of birth on it and state whether he was married ?

Thanks Lou

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Oct 2007 16:52

The cert contains all the available info.

Reg

Louise

Louise Report 2 Oct 2007 17:39

Thanks for the reply Reggie.
The certificate doesn't give a place of birth so thought i'd try another angle.

Lou

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Oct 2007 17:46

What are you trying to find out?

The cert should have his age (as known to the informant).....would that help with finding what you need to know?

Reg

Louise

Louise Report 2 Oct 2007 17:59

Hi Reg,
I'm trying to find out anything i can about Henry Arthur O'neill but don't seem to be able to find anything.
His death certificate states that he was married but i and many others have been unable to find a marriage for him.
According to the certificate he died at the age of 48 in Tunbridge Wells in Kent in 1919.
His job was a sales porter / glass and china dealer.

Regards Lou

Thelma

Thelma Report 2 Oct 2007 18:12

Could this relate?
birth
Arthur Henry Oneil 1872 Apr-May-Jun Lambeth Greater London, London, Surrey

Louise

Louise Report 2 Oct 2007 18:22

Certainly looks good.
We had reason to believe that he may have been born in Ireland but we have no proof. Could be why i can't find anything.
His wife was from Richmond in Surrey so
it fits in.
Thank you
Lou

Thelma

Thelma Report 2 Oct 2007 22:35

Arthur H. O'Neil abt 1873 Kennington, Surrey, England Scholar Hertford St John Hertfordshire
zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Arthur Henry Oneil abt 1876 Headington, London, England Scholar St Botolph Aldersgate London

Louise

Louise Report 3 Oct 2007 07:50

Thanks ever so much Jim.

Lou