Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I can't find my fathers birth anyone help?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jonathan

Jonathan Report 3 Oct 2007 11:52

I can't find any record of my fathers birth. His name was
Robert Philip Green born 1st sep 1932 in London. Evacuated to Northampton during the war. I have enquired at the Northampton record office but found nothing. Worked for british rail from 1960's until he died in 1987 at Rochdale & Stockport but been unable to locate any employment records.
My late uncle always thought he was older than he said he was.
I have searched the birth registers back from 1932-1912 and the only Robert P Green i have found are dec 1932 which is a Robert Percival Green 27sep1932 & Dec 1927 Robert Paul Green 22 nov 1927.
His marriage cert stated father as Charles deceased. Address was in Rochdale & his name is on the electrol register.
Robert Green is a common name & i remember visiting catherines house in London in the 1980's as my parents were looking for his birth cert for a passport but couldn't find it.
If anyone could advise or help as to where i should go from here i would be greatful.
many thanks
John

SydneyDi

SydneyDi Report 3 Oct 2007 12:27

Hi John

In what year did Robert marry ? that would give a time frame to narrow down when Charles Green died between 1932 and the marriage.

Perhaps Charles and his wife (do you know her name ?) married after Roberts birth and he was registered under her maiden name.

Have you look for your uncles birth ? it might give some clues if he is related to Robert ?

Would Charles have been born before the 1901 census ? If so, could I look for him for you ?
Just a couple of thoughts.

♥Athena

♥Athena Report 3 Oct 2007 12:45

Have you already checked out this birth?

Robert P Green
SEPT QTR - 1932
I. WIGHT.
2b 918
Moth MN: Lock

I know it's not a London birth, but it could be that he wasn't born where he thought he was born.

Athena