Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

stillbirth query

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 4 Oct 2007 13:25

hi all,

my father and aunt were born 11 years apart and there was a child (a little girl) born in-between them. i know that stillborn babies are on a separate register. i read somewhere that unless both parents are deceased a sibling cannot look-up the stillbirth.

i am a little confused though. when i was young my grandmother took me to the cemetery where a lot of family members were buried and took me to one corner where she said that her baby was buried there. how i remember it i am sure that the baby had its own grave, but i have heard all stillborn babies were either buried with an adult buried on the same day, or in a public grave.

so my question is- is it correct that my father can't lookup his siters record because his mother is still alive? Would the baby really have had it's own grave (although it is not marked)? AND is there any possibilty this baby would have been alive when born then died maybe a couple of weeks later so it would have it's own grave?

help- i'm soo confused!

Leanne

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 4 Oct 2007 13:39

oh thank you davina, that does help. thank you so much. so sorry for your baby. its so sad just to think of it. :( thanks for replying. Leanne