Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

1901 Census for the name of Youle, Edmonton, Essex

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Maria

Maria Report 4 Oct 2007 18:39

I am trying to find the 1901 Census for my Grandmother May Florence Youle (could be Florence May) born 1895. Her mother was also May Florence or Florence May so I have been told, but my Great Grandfathers name is unknown. I have found my Grandmothers birth June 1895, Edmonton, which has the correct spelling and confirms her birth, so if I cannot find this Census, then I will have to get a certificate. On her marriage her name is down as Toule, so I have tried all the "Y" options and all the "T" options with no joy including the whole of England. I think I just need another pair of eyes. She also had a brother Thomas and a sister Emily. Thanks in advance Maria

Stephanie

Stephanie Report 4 Oct 2007 18:50

?
1901 England Census
about Florence M Youell
Name: Florence M Youell
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1894
Relation: Daughter
Father's Name: Ernest J
Mother's Name: Emily H
Where born: Islington, London, England

Civil Parish: Islington
Ecclesiastical parish: St Stephen
County/Island: London

Street address:

Condition as to marriage:

Education:

Employment status: View Image

Registration district: Islington
Sub-registration district: Islington, South-East
ED, institution, or vessel: 48
Neighbors: View others on page
Household schedule number: 53
Household Members: Name Age
Beatrice S Youell 7 months
Emily H Youell 29
Ernest J Youell 30
Florence M Youell 7
James E Youell 2
Lugen J Youell 3

View
Original
Record

View original image
View blank form

Save This Record
Attach this record to a person in your tree as a source record, or save for later evaluation.
Save

Source Citation: Class: RG13; Piece: 192; Folio: 24; Page: 9.

Maria

Maria Report 4 Oct 2007 19:47

Thanks Stephanie.

The details for this Census
Ernest James Youell married Emily Kate Goodheart in Mar 1892. This Florence May was born Feb 1892.

I think I would be better to get a Birth Cert.

Regards

Maria

Victoria

Victoria Report 4 Oct 2007 20:22

Have you obtained the marriage certificate as this would give you the father's name and this will gibe you concrete informatin and make it easier to search

BW

Jane

Victoria

Victoria Report 4 Oct 2007 20:29

Do you know what year Thomas and Emily were born?

BW

Jane

Maria

Maria Report 4 Oct 2007 20:44

All I know is that it Thomas (Tom) and Emily were pre 1900.

Thanks Christine, tried all combinations for Edmonton, even not using this at all.

I have just found out my Grandmother died on the day of the moon landing and just not making it to 100. Both my parents have Alzheimer’s so just got this out of my mum whislt putting her to bed.

Will go and trace this now.

Thanks again to all.

Maria

Victoria

Victoria Report 4 Oct 2007 20:59

I think this may be the marriage!!!

All Birth, Marriage, & Death Results Viewing 1-4 of 4

View Record Name Year of Registration Quarter of Registration Spouse's Surname District County View Image

View Record
Florence Mary Cockhill 1894 Jul-Aug-Sep Islington Greater London, London, Middlesex
View Record
Louisa Ellen Dowling 1894 Jul-Aug-Sep Islington Greater London, London, Middlesex
View Record
John Walter Warwick 1894 Jul-Aug-Sep Islington Greater London, London, Middlesex
View Record
Thomas Nelson Youle 1894 Jul-Aug-Sep Islington Greater London, London, Middlesex

Best Wishes

Jane