Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help Wanted! Kitching family

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ellie

Ellie Report 5 Oct 2007 14:18

We have a marriage certificate for Edith Dawson (aged 20) and Arthur William Kitching (aged 27) dated 31st October 1925. We know that Edith was born in 1905 (as she only died a few months ago, aged 102), and Arthur must have been born around 1898. The marriage certificate states his father is Robert Kitching and the address we have is 23 The Greenway, North Road, Hull.

I have been trying to find both Arthur and Robert on the 1901 census and have had no luck at all. The address comes up with nothing at all (I realise the census was 24 years before the marriage) and the only Arthur of the right age (give or take) in Hull has a father called Frederick. Then there's an adopted one over in Carlisle and a Boarder in Suffolk.

The only Robert I can find that might match is a Robert G Kitching, Brother-in-law to the Head of the household, born about 1860 (which would make him 38 when Arthur was born).

I haven't really got a lot to go on here!

Can anyone help?