Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Hargreaves st Bilston

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pamela

Pamela Report 6 Oct 2007 18:27

Hi There

Just wondered if anyone knows about Hrgreaves St Bilston, and nearest burial places. not council owned. I contacted the Civic Centre, about my g grans burial, but had no luck.

I think Hargreaves St may have been under Ettingshall in the 1900's

Many thanks Pam

Sandra

Sandra Report 6 Jan 2008 20:51

Hello...

I've just found this thread mentioning Hargreaves street...Don't know if you're still searching for information...?

Anyway...There are several possibilities.St Georges church and burial ground is just up the road in Wolverhampton.In the other direction,there is St Leonards church in Bilston.There was also Monmore Green Primitive Methodist nearby and George Street,Ettingshall,(Methodist,I think).

If you look on FreeREG.rootsweb site,they have very good coverage for burials,(baptisms and marriages!), in Bilston and Wolverhampton.

Hope I've been able to help!

Sandra.
xxx