Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

marrige look up plz

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Ben

Ben Report 8 Oct 2007 21:45

could someone please look up a marrige record for alice coulbeck born 1904 in grimsby please

Heather

Heather Report 9 Oct 2007 09:21

You will need to cut down the time span and area Ben - it would take hours to trawl every quarter of every year in every area to find a possible marriage. The likely period is not name searchable.

When were her children born and where?

Maisy

Maisy Report 9 Oct 2007 09:28

Here is a marriage for

Alice M Coulbeck and Andrew D Duffield

Mar Qtr 1924 Grimsby 7a 1006

Dea

Dea Report 9 Oct 2007 09:33

I have found an Alice M Coulbeck marriage to Andrew D Duffield in Grimsby -
March Q - Grimsby 7a 1006.

Could this be the one?

Dea x

Pipped at the post AGAIN!!! - Will have to speed up my typing !

Dea x

Dea

Dea Report 9 Oct 2007 09:41

Heather wrote:

"it would take hours to trawl every quarter of every year in every area to find a possible marriage. The likely period is not name searchable."

In case anyone has not discovered this - a useful tip (I think):

I never used to use BMD on Ancestry as I found it far too slow having to trawl through each quarter. HOWEVER, I have discovered that if you just type the name into the main search page, which I did in this case, even though this lady was not going to be in any census's) - i.e. - Home page - historical records !
THEN, when the results came up I went straight to the BMD listing for the latest time period and 'there she was' !

SO much quicker and easier than searching through the BMD's !

Dea x