Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Irish Births

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sylvia

Sylvia Report 10 Oct 2007 08:03

Can anyone at all give me any help on how to find or obtain Irish birth certificates please? one of my g.g.grandfather's was born in Ireland I don't know where, and I can't find any way of tracing him at all.
Thanks for any help given to me.
Sylvia.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 10 Oct 2007 11:56

If you have his marriage certificate that should have his father's name on it which would help you in searching for his birth on the IGI records on the www,familysearch.org/ website.

No guarantee that it will be on there, but it's worth having a look....as long as his name isn't very common, like Murphy, Brady etc.,..then trying to pin him down is going to be difficult.

Plus, the IGI records are by no means complete.

Teresa