Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Records for Limerick

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

µèÎÐΙ

µèÎÐΙ Report 12 Oct 2007 12:04

Hi all,

I'm trying to find some info on my 2x Gt Grandfather Garrett aka Gerald Barry b1864c of Limerick.

According to census records from Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk, he was born in Castleconnell/Fedamore and he married my 2x Gt Grandmother Lizzie Adams in Tuam, Galway on 17/1/1888 before they moved to England and eventually to Suffolk (where Lizzie was a local) sometime before 1891.

I know he worked with horses and he died 3/3/1937 in Thurston, Suffolk but I have no idea who his parents where etc and I'd love to try to find out more about him.

Any suggestions anyone? All ideas gratefully recieved...

CHEERS!
Heidi

Teresa

Teresa Report 12 Oct 2007 12:50

There is this from the IGI.

IGI Individual Record FamilySearch™ International Genealogical Index v5.0
British Isles
Search Results | Download

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

GARRET BARRY Pedigree
Male

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Event(s):
Birth: 15 AUG 1864 0425, Caherconlish, Limerick, Ireland

Christening:
Death:
Burial:

Parents:
Father: JOHN BARRY Family
Mother: MARY BRIEN

Extracted birth or christening record for the locality listed in the record. The source records are usually arranged chronologically by the birth or christening date.

Source Information:
Batch No.: Dates: Source Call No.: Type: Printout Call No.: Type:

C701236 1864 0101094 Film NONE

Teresa

µèÎÐΙ

µèÎÐΙ Report 12 Oct 2007 19:05

Cheers Teresa!

Really appreciate that :o) Could you send me the link from where you found that please? I'd like to see if there was anything else I can turn up from there, got LOADS more Irish rellies...!

Thanks again
Heidi
x

Teresa

Teresa Report 12 Oct 2007 21:27

The site is:

http://www.familysearch.org

There is a pinned thread at the top of the board on using Familysearch.