Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Ancestry

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 13 Oct 2007 13:28

Is anyone having trouble with getting on ancestry today?. I have been trying for about an hour and can't get on it at all. Gill

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 13 Oct 2007 13:35

Hi Alice,
It's very frustrating, I have a message alert and can't get to reply.
Gill

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 13 Oct 2007 13:43

Thank's George I will give it another go.
Gill

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 13 Oct 2007 14:00

Just tried and I can't get on either.
Di

ladybird1300

ladybird1300 Report 13 Oct 2007 14:46

Ancestry is OK now

KeithInFujairah

KeithInFujairah Report 13 Oct 2007 14:49

I have been on it ok since about 6 your time this morning

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 13 Oct 2007 14:59

I can now access after 2 hours of trying.They must wait till so many complain and then allow those that do access and then stop others trying for a while. Call me cynical. lol
Di

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 13 Oct 2007 15:09

Oh dear spoke too soon. Now getting 'error processing image' message
Keith, please have a word with them.
Di

GillfromStaffs

GillfromStaffs Report 13 Oct 2007 15:59

I have just managed to get on and reply to my message, only been trying all afternoon!!!
Gill
Now having trouble with this site

Alison

Alison Report 13 Oct 2007 16:53

Yep, I'm having trouble as well. Started playing up yesterday and now I cant seem to get on at all this evening! Very annoying.

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 13 Oct 2007 17:09

Just had a response to an email I sent on the 10th!! they are experiencing probs with the FTM 2008 rollout and have had several emails about access probs. Asks us to be patient. Yeah right. I would complete the questionnaire they sent but can't get the page up.
Why are we paying for something we can't access.
Di

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 13 Oct 2007 17:19

BTW now can't get on Ancestry site and haven't for about 1 hour. Is there any redress against Ancestry as I can't do any research and yet I'm paying a year subscription like a lot of other people. So annoyed.My email inbox is full of responses to complaints. I so wish I'd never bothered joining but can't really afford another subscription.
Di

ladybird1300

ladybird1300 Report 13 Oct 2007 17:20

Still having no trouble accessing Ancestry!

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 13 Oct 2007 17:35

Ok Amanda. Stop smirking. LOL.

Douglas

Douglas Report 14 Oct 2007 01:35

Re Ancestry, try getting refund!!! I signed up for a trial, cancelled, had to phone to cancell, used their given number, eventualy answered by someone with a american accent, was told to watch my credit card statement, nothing received, phoned again, same again, informed my card people, nothing, 2years on,NOTHING......doug

Nightowl51

Nightowl51 Report 14 Oct 2007 04:44

I am having trouble with the full BMD page, sometimes it will come up somtimes it wont.
Complained. I thought it was me but its been like it for over a week now.

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 14 Oct 2007 10:07

Douglas
I am going to keep a record of all the reference numbers they issue me with when I contact them and will go to Trading Standards as I am certainly not getting what I pay for. There automated response also asks you to reply to any emails between a specific area on the page and then when you try you can't click into that area. They are a joke. I wouldn't mind if they gave an apology but it appears to be a faceless company.
Di