Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How do I complain

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 13 Oct 2007 20:15

Can some one please tell me how to contact GR and complain. I just keep getting the homepage. Took 5 attempts to get here on the board
Thanks

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Oct 2007 20:21

It's happening to me tonight too. I thing it's probably just a glitch in the system which will eventually sort itself out.

If you scroll down to the bottom of the screen there is a "contact us" button. Click on that and go down to "Feedback" where there is a link.

Kath. x

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 13 Oct 2007 20:22

The contact us button is at the bottom of the screen. Try not to make your message too long, they will only receive 1/2 of it. You will get an answer which will either blame your computer or "exceptional levels of traffic "

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 13 Oct 2007 20:23

This has been happening for 3 days now and I am starting to loose my patience.
My Unexpected Error's are no longer unexpected. lol

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 13 Oct 2007 20:24

LOL Claire,

So you've had those sort of replies too.!! It's nearly always the "Exceptional traffic" excuse.

Kath. x

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 13 Oct 2007 20:25

I managed to get to contact us ok
I think GR is starting to stand for GRRRRR!

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 13 Oct 2007 21:27

Yes Kath, I've been on the receiving end of GR's standard reply!
This problem has been happening for months & with WDYTYA? on TV, it was always going to get worse. What I can't understand is if the system can not cope with extra traffic, why have GR offered a free trial in a natioanl newspaper?

Robyn

Robyn Report 13 Oct 2007 22:03

I've always found it best to contact the local Records Office, get more sense and a better copy of what I want.

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 13 Oct 2007 22:07

You mean to say some of you get answers?

I have only asked them one question and still waiting for a reply!..that was about 6 months ago...ggggggrrrrrrr

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 13 Oct 2007 22:33

To make it more meaningful for them, tell them what you were doing when the error occurred, what time it was and what browser and operating system you are using.

Rose

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 15 Oct 2007 14:27

I have had a reply to my last complaint which I made over the weekend
GR are waiting for a reply from their Technical Dept so they do not know how long it will be before the problem has been resolved.
They apologise for the inconvenience

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 15 Oct 2007 17:54

Had my reply... something to do with cookies

If you are still unable to access the site, this could be an issue that is caused by your browser refusing to accept the per-session cookies which the site needs to place on your computer whilst you are logged in.
Please don't be put off by the length of the following answer!

Then it goes on about doing this and doing that but had no problems today so maybe these cookie things have sorted them selves out.