Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Probs with computer..help please..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 13 Oct 2007 23:19

When I click on to the next page my comp does its bit at the bottom..you know http..etc etc and the box next to it starts to colour up blue..it then arrives at its destination and says `Done` and then the box starts its colouring up again but never quite finishes..hope someone understands this..have cleared my history an bits and defragmented but its still happening..

To be honest a lot of wierd things are happening lately..never used to get spam but now got shed loads and I had a sign in seal on my email which has now gone and no link like there used to be to put it back..any ideas or help please.....

Wanda.x

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 13 Oct 2007 23:26

Err Derrr....nooo....Have Norton so thought everything done for me..all systems are working..firewall etc..should I do something else? cheers cotc..

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥

♥Betty Boo from Dundee♥ Report 14 Oct 2007 00:38

Hi Wanda,

Do you mean the 2nd page on GR or on something else??

Betty

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link!

Click ADD REPLY button - not this link! Report 14 Oct 2007 01:00

Wanda,

What website are you browsing when this happens and what browser are you using?

Rose

angelas ashes

angelas ashes Report 14 Oct 2007 01:19

Hi Betty and Rose..just finished virus scan..20past one in the morning...yes it is the 2nd page on GR but experiencing it on ancestry as well..everything sticks..explain about browser if you will,cos I just press and push and hope for the best...all my sites are on favourites so just go into them..should I not? back tmoz and thanks for replying but couldnt get back to you with doing the scan..nite bless. Wanda.xx

Robyn

Robyn Report 14 Oct 2007 09:18

As you have Norton, follow these steps - I did and mine is fine now.

Left click on Norton icon and select Run Live Update from the left hand side of the box.

When that is finished (it might take a few minutes), run the Scan Now.

That should sort you out. You should do this once a week to make sure you have the latest protection and nothing has got through in the meantime.

Bryan HOGGARTH

Bryan HOGGARTH Report 14 Oct 2007 11:53

I was having trouble yesterday for hours with very slow page loading. I thought it might be BTvault hogging all the bandwidth or my connection to the local exchange. Nothing seemed to improve it.
Eventually tried switching off (pulling the power lead out of ) my ADSL modem / router for half a minute and then plugging it back in.
After it had reset itself - problem solved.
Give it a try - its quick and easy.
Bryan