Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

How can I print out census pages in landscape?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Karen

Karen Report 17 Oct 2007 12:46

Hello,

are there any computer whizzes out there?

Every time print out a census page from Ancestry, it prints in portrait, which means the writing is so small I can't read it.

Also, sometimes I just get a blank sheet of paper with Ancestry headings at the top.

What am I doing wrong?

Karen

Karen Report 17 Oct 2007 12:53

Hi LfW

I've tried clicking on file & print & also on the picture of a printer, but either way I don't get the option of properties at all.

Am I being thick?

Karen

Karen Report 17 Oct 2007 12:55

Thanks Jolly,

I've got the page in landscape now, but the print preview is just showing the Ancestry headed blank sheet.

If I print it, is this all I will get?

Karen

Karen Report 17 Oct 2007 13:01

I've just tried printing it but all I've got is the blank sheet with the headings. I've tried saving it, but it won't save.

Only good thing, it is actually a blank sheet in landscape!

Maggie in Leics

Maggie in Leics Report 17 Oct 2007 13:06

Save (download) to comp.

Insert in word doc.

In word - file, page set up, paper size, landscape.

You can adjust size of inserted file to fill page so you get largest possible text.

May not be the techie way but it works for me!!

Karen

Karen Report 17 Oct 2007 13:16

Thanks all,

I've managed to do it now.

What would I do without you?

xxxxxxxxx