Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

WDYTYA -Matthew Pinsent - William the Conquerer -

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Eileen

Eileen Report 18 Oct 2007 22:00

What a pedigree - doesn't it make one feel inadequate -
Weren't the old pedigree roles beautiful, wish we all could find something like that - no more buying certs.
Eileen

English Bob

English Bob Report 18 Oct 2007 22:12

.....having found out that I am directly descended from a small blob of plasma from outer space about 1,000,000 years BC, could any kind soul locate the parents marriage PR, I would really like it for my tree! LOL

Bob

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 18 Oct 2007 22:15

I somehow don`t think there`s a Pedigree role like that for my line!!!

Did`nt you think how similar Matthew looks to the great uncle on his mother side who`d commited suicide? Its uncanny the way a certain look can be passed down through a generation.

All in all a thoroughably enjoyable programme, can`t wait for the next series....

Nicky

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 18 Oct 2007 22:27

Hi,
If we could all go back, what was it 30 generations then I think most of us would be related. Still, he must be very pleased to find his link to Royalty. I was when I discovered I was related to President Abraham Lincoln.
Bye
Paul

JEH123

JEH123 Report 18 Oct 2007 22:38

All I could say was Wow!.......That's a tree and a half!

Heather

Heather Report 18 Oct 2007 22:58

As they said on there, you need to find a Gateway Ancestor, an aristo - once you find that, you go all the way back to the Domesday book.

You will be surprised just how many of you do have a direct ancestor who is an aristo. I have found a couple in my lines, both parents sides - dont forget a rich man can fall from favour and also wealth shared amongst 10 sons soon disappears within a few generations.

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins

Teresa With Irish Blood in Me Veins Report 18 Oct 2007 23:50

Thoroughly enjoyed to-nights programme...what a fabulous pedigree!

Hope I can find a direct ancestor who is an aristocrat......

Somehow with Irish blood in me... and surnames of Brady and Murphy in my lineage, I doubt it!

Heather

Heather Report 19 Oct 2007 11:06

Look out for a Fitz!

preistyrose

preistyrose Report 19 Oct 2007 23:07

I was so ingrossed that i would not answer
the phone another great show, ooohhh if only we could have that sort of luck