Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Missing Family?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Desperate Housewife ♥

Desperate Housewife ♥ Report 20 Oct 2007 12:00

Hope some one can help me, as i cannot find a family in the 1871 census. I have them in ever other census but they seem to be missing in 1871.
They are Charlotte branford 1836 and John branford 1835 living in Brettenham suffolk. They have sometimes been transcribed as Bamford, Bramford and even Brandford, I have tried all these varieties and even wild cards but no luck. By 1881 they were living in Oldham Lancashire but were not there 10 years before as in 1881 their 7 year old daughter was born in Brettenham Suffolk.
This is begining to drive me insane and I hate to have a gap in my research. please somebody help!

Desperate Housewife ♥

Desperate Housewife ♥ Report 20 Oct 2007 12:22

Oh sorry - John was a farm labourer and children were
Charles 1860
George 1862
John 1867
William 1870
Sarah 1872
Alice 1874
Lily 1878

Lily was the only one to be born in Oldham lancashire.
X

Desperate Housewife ♥

Desperate Housewife ♥ Report 20 Oct 2007 12:30

In 1861 they are in Brettenham also in 1851 and in 1841 John is living with his parents Joseph and Ann and Charlotte is living next door with her parents william and Elizabeth Andrews still in Brettenham.
i am at a loss.
x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Oct 2007 12:56

1871 from Findmypast

BRAMFORD, John Head M 34 Suffolk
BRAMFORD, Charlotte Wife F 37 Suffolk
BRAMFORD, Charles Son M 11 Suffolk
BRAMFORD, Ann Daughter F 8 Suffolk
BRAMFORD, George Son M 7 Suffolk
BRAMFORD, John Son M 4 Suffolk
BRAMFORD, William Son M 1 Suffolk

RG number:RG10 Piece:1720 Folio:40 Page:12

Registration District:Cosford
Sub District:Lavenham
ED: 4
Civil Parish:Brettenham

Address:Roses Farm, Brettenham

Page appears to be missing on Ancestry as ED4 goes from page 11 to 13

Desperate Housewife ♥

Desperate Housewife ♥ Report 20 Oct 2007 13:16

Thank you both so much. No wonder i couldn't find them on ancestry! Also now I can see another member of the family, Ann who isn't on the other census' so I will have to find out what happened to her. Glitter baby you have made my day, i wish I had posted this several days ago, would have saved my sanity.
X