Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

BMD scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tina

Tina Report 23 Oct 2007 12:00

can anybody help me iv been doing researce into my family and have managed to go back to 1740 but cant find any info on recent family scotlands people has helped but obviously cant help with upto date stuff and i cant get to edinburgh or glasgow any other suggestions on finding my late fathers family please

Carrie

Carrie Report 23 Oct 2007 12:06

Other then finding a Kind Soul in Scotland to search for you, you would have to visit yourself, there is nothing online regarding upto date Scottish details, I know it have tried.

Try and Visit it yourself your have a great time..

Carrie

Tina

Tina Report 23 Oct 2007 12:11

thanks ill have to try im not that far away from either its just getting home again to pick the brats up from school i suppose i could try an fit in a half day again thanks
t x

*~*Chris*~*

*~*Chris*~* Report 23 Oct 2007 12:19

Hi Tina I've had the same problem, try the records office board, I got loads of help from" Mhari Queen of Scots" who goes to the records office in Edinburgh quite often and will look up "modern" records for people, she is brill!! Good Luck
Chris

Tina

Tina Report 23 Oct 2007 12:38

hi
and how do i find this kind lady
tina

*~*Chris*~*

*~*Chris*~* Report 23 Oct 2007 12:49

Hi Tina she uses the records office board to say when she's going, try posting a message on there, evening seems to be the best time to catch her, she uses Mhari queen of scots name and seems to be on the board most nights
Chris

*~*Chris*~*

*~*Chris*~* Report 23 Oct 2007 13:27

Hi again Tina just found a reply from Mhairi to question about what Minnie is short for on this board, not today but if you click on her name you could send her a personel message, she,s v nice I doubt she'd mind
Chris