Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

just received this email from ?? ancestry aid ?? c

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 24 Oct 2007 10:43

hi i have just received this email from Ancestry aid saying that ancestry aid will be closed for 1 week in december . i subscribe to ancestry but know nothing about ancestry aid.
is this a spoof email do you think
i think its a dodgy email just wanted to see if anyone else has had the same
linda

The proposed updates for Ancestry Aid will happen in the first 2 weeks of December. During these updates Ancestry Aid will close for 1 week in December. The updates should be completed and launched on the 15th. Memorial As you may or may not know, I have recently returned from a tour of Afghanistan. During my tour my unit (1 Royal Anglian Regiment) suffered 9 fatalities and well over 50 wounded through enemy action.Due to this my Unit (1 Royal Anglian) have set up a Memorial Fund in order to raise money to build a perminent memorial in honour of the 9 lads we lost as well as helping families of the soldiers killed and assist the seriously wounded.To that end, Ancestry Aid has set up a fund raising page to try and raise some money to give to this great cause.I am calling for all Ancestry Aid members to please donate all you can, even if it is just a little to this fund so that we can help these guys, my friends. You can read the eulogies of the 9 soldiers we lost and also make a donation via a secure payment system via the Ancestry Aid tribute page: http://www.ancestryaid.co.uk/inmemory/index.php Please, please make a small donation and show that you are thinking of our fallen soldiers. Thank you very much in advance for your time. Kindest regards. JonAncestry Aid Administration http://www.ancestryaid.co.uk

Redharissa

Redharissa Report 24 Oct 2007 10:51

hi Linda,

I suggest you phone Ancestry on one of their freephone numbers and ask them. If it is a spoof they will need to know about it asap.

Tracey

Sam

Sam Report 24 Oct 2007 10:55

Ancestry Aid is a genuine site, it was advertised on here a few years ago, I think it was set up by an ex member.

I registered when it first started but had so many problems logging in and re-registering about 5 times that I gave up and haven't used it since.

Sam x

Libby

Libby Report 24 Oct 2007 10:58

Ancestryaid is a genuine genealoge site - I am a member although I haven't used it for some time. Just checked on the site and there is a mention of this memorial fund.

Maybe you have registered at some time and forgotten - easily done, I have done this loads of times with various sites. With me it is probably a senior moment(s). !!

Libby

Carter

Carter Report 24 Oct 2007 11:07

thanks a lot for you advice
will see if i have registered with the site and cant remember.
cant be too careful these days
thanks again linda

Heather

Heather Report 24 Oct 2007 12:31

I had this mail today too - and cant for the life of me remembering joining it. Ive had a look on there and it just seems to be links to other sites doesnt it?

*~~*Posh*~~*

*~~*Posh*~~* Report 24 Oct 2007 14:42

I too had an email this morning from Ancastry Aid...It is a genuine site as I joined some time ago. xxx