Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

CREMEN/CREMIN FAMILY - FROM CORK, IRELAND TO ENGLA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pookey

Pookey Report 24 Oct 2007 15:57

Can anyone please give me suggestions on where to start searching for my Cremen/Cremin family who travelled from Cork, Ireland to England in 1947, sadly I have no idea where they settled.

Lyn

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 24 Oct 2007 16:41

Ancestry have births, marriages and deaths from 1984-2005 online. I've had a quick look, and there are lots of people called Cremen and Cremin in different areas.

Do you have any names or dates of birth?

Pookey

Pookey Report 24 Oct 2007 16:58

Hi Mary from Italy - Thank you for replying.

Kathleen Cremen b.c1914 nee Hudson (Mother)
Agnes 10.09.1933
Kathleen Patricia -- June 1935
Samuel 03.12.1936
Alfred John 18.07.1942
Samuel Patrick 04.11.1944
Bernard Augustine 13.01.1947

Their father Denis Cremen died in 1947, they travelled to England soon after.

Kathleen Cremen nee Hudson was a circus performer, her father Samuel Hudson was the circus proprietor.

I hope this is of some help.

Lyn

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 24 Oct 2007 17:52

The only thing I've found that might help is an entry for Kathleen Cremin, born 9 Jul 1919, died March quarter 1995 aged 75 at Trafford, Cheshire.

There are no deaths or marriages listed for any of the others, but they're probably still alive and married before 1985.

To check for other deaths or marriages you'd need to trawl through the Ancestry complete images, quarter by quarter, which is a very long process.

If you want to try, you can get a 14-day free trial subscription to Ancestry.

Alternatively, you could try the phone book. There are some Cremins in Lancashire and Cheshire; I didn't try any other counties:

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com

Or you could contact the Trafford library and see if they can find Kathleen in the electoral rolls.

You could also try this site, which has links for circus and fairground people:

http://users.nwon.com/pauline/Travellers.html

Pookey

Pookey Report 24 Oct 2007 18:13

Thank you so much Mary, I will certainly try your many suggestions.

We tend to think that most people head for London but lets face it they could have settled anywhere.

Thanks again Lynda