Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Width of threads

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Huia

Huia Report 28 Oct 2007 23:53

Why are some threads too wide to read, even when I slide the bottom bar right over, while other threads can be read without sliding the bar over at all. Is there any way to correct the wide threads?

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 29 Oct 2007 00:41

who's a norty girl, then, Christine? LOL BCXX

Joy

Joy Report 29 Oct 2007 00:45

That happened with a thread of mine about John Keats. I tried to delete it, but the delete option had disappeared. Even GR couldn't do it at the time.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 29 Oct 2007 00:48

~~~waves to Joy~~~~would milk or whisky be a good idea to put me to sleep. I have to be up at 7 and .
wide awake....

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 29 Oct 2007 00:49

I've got "ca" from Huia & "disapp" from Joy

Joy

Joy Report 29 Oct 2007 00:51

~~waves to BC ~~~

Joy

Joy Report 29 Oct 2007 00:53

I'll try again with shorter lines

That happened with a thread of mine
about John Keats.
I tried to delete it,
but the delete option had disappeared.
Even GR couldn't do it at the time.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 29 Oct 2007 01:01

Susan has left you a message and says to click summat or tother.....sleep is gaining on me now....

Joy

Joy Report 29 Oct 2007 01:02

st ... ? ... :-)

GR deleted it eventually - without telling me, they posted on it using my account, with the word testing. Someone thought, naturally, it was me. It was a few weeks later that they managed to delete it.

Joy

Joy Report 29 Oct 2007 01:04

Goodnight, all.

ButtercupFields

ButtercupFields Report 29 Oct 2007 01:06

Nighty night girls:-)))

Huia

Huia Report 29 Oct 2007 02:17

Well thanks for telling me how it happens, but what I really want to know is, how do I read wide threads that have been started by somebody else? It is so frustrating that I have no idea what somebody is talking about because part of each line is off the edge of the page.
BTW, girls, I wont be going to bed for about 7 hrs yet, it is only 3.30 pm here in New Zealand.

Unknown

Unknown Report 29 Oct 2007 05:29

As I said before

open tools then click on encoding

change setting to 'right to left document'

and you will see the delete.

I can see all the adds and my delete so you should be able to.

Huia

Huia Report 29 Oct 2007 09:11

But can I delete another persons thread, or should that be topic. For example can anybody else delete this whole topic or am I (or the GR people) the only one who can do it? And anyway I dont want to delete the wide topics, I want to READ them.

Huia

Huia Report 30 Oct 2007 23:07

Thank you, must remember that the next time somebody has a wide page.