Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

More recent research..tips wanted..

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Diane

Diane Report 29 Oct 2007 18:58

Hi..

Just as I was getting confident on using ancestry for deceased rellies, I now would like to follow through to living descendants of a girl born c1879. I have her in the 1901census still living at home with parents (age 22).

What good tips can anyone give me... is it really only possible to search every marriage record quarter by quarter going forward? And then births every quarter etc?

MrsBucketBouquet

MrsBucketBouquet Report 29 Oct 2007 19:14

Theres no short cuts Diane...sorry.

Unless you wait untill 2011? (1911 census release)

Gerri x

PS
The harder you work for something,the better it is!

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 29 Oct 2007 19:57

You should stand a good chance of finding her marriage in the freebmd extracts on Ancestry.........if she was going to produce offspring, she'd have probably been married during the time covered by freebmd..........

Reg

Heather

Heather Report 30 Oct 2007 08:41

The only name searchable site (I believe) is the pay to view familyrelatives.org where you can enter a name for bmd like the freebmd search for the period 1866-1920. That should cover your girl but lets hope she has an unusual name!

Like Reggie said, the freebmd should cover the time span that a girl born that year would likely marry. That would sort the marriage but to find the children of that marriage would be another question! Mothers maiden name wasnt added to the index til late 1911.

Diane

Diane Report 30 Oct 2007 19:09

thanks for your posts, everybody.

I didn't think there would be easy short cuts!!