Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

thomas kemp bankruptcy hearing HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Priscilla

Priscilla Report 31 Oct 2007 13:19

Can anyone please help.

I did a google book search for Thomas Kemp Birmingham.
As i couldn't find out what became of him after the 1861 census. Thomas was a building matarials dealer .
this is what i found by doing the above search.

THOMAS KEMP BIRMINGHAM
BUILDING MATARIAL DEALER, MARCH 3 AT 12,
BIRMINGHAM OFF. ASS. WHITMORE; SOL WRIGHT, BIRMINGHAM.-PET F. FEB. 15. JOHN WESTON,...

THIS APPEARED IN

THE JURIST 1863.
BY GREAT BRITIAN COURT'S LAW REPORT'S DIGEST'S ETC 1863.

I have phoned the archive's in birmingham
they say there were no courts in Birmingham at that time and cannot seem to point me in the right direction.

I would love to find out what happend as
Thomas is our brick wall.

Do's anyone think that they may be of of any help with what Direction i should be going.

At the moment it's just circles and i am starting to get dizzy!

Please Please Please

Priscilla

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 31 Oct 2007 14:43

There is a bit about it in the London Gazette

http://beta.gazettes-online.co.uk/home.aspx?GeoType=London

In the advance search put his name and coverage for the year 1862 and a few results come up.... Look for ones that mention Birmingham in the synopsis.

Chris

Priscilla

Priscilla Report 31 Oct 2007 15:23

Chris you are a star that is just the information i needed .Now that i have the name of the Solicitor ect I can go and take a look myself . I find not everyone at birmingham library as helpful as GR members Thank You again from the bottom of my heart Priscilla

PS DO YOU THINK ITS WORTH ME LOOKING IN THE OTHER OLD PAPERS
AT BIRMINGHAM LIBARAY ?

Chris in Sussex

Chris in Sussex Report 31 Oct 2007 16:12

Priscilla

It might be worth your while having a search on A2A.

http://www.a2a.org.uk/

If the solicitors lodged old documents with a local archive you may find them recorded.

Now you have the name of the solicitors Birmingham Library may be able to tell you if they have any papers....Assuming the old papers they have are indexed in some way!

Chris