Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

New Zealand Deaths

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Gillian

Gillian Report 31 Oct 2007 14:21

How can I find a death in New Zealand in 2000c?
Is there a free web-site etc?

Nightowl51

Nightowl51 Report 6 Nov 2007 00:30

Hello Gill
Try http://nzgenealogy.rootschat.net/cemetary
This is a site that deals with cemetary burials. I am not sure how up to date it is
There is a database. It would help if you know where your rellies were living.
I have a cousin in Auckland I will contact her and ask her if there is a website.

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 6 Nov 2007 02:51

Hi Gill,
Unfortunately BDM's are available only on microfiche up till 1990. There has been much a todo about privacy and identity theft but that seems to be resolved so maybe, one day, we might get something more up to date. So you WILL need to know an area and work from there.
B

Gillian

Gillian Report 6 Nov 2007 15:58

Thanks all, for the info.

I am looking to find out what happened to Eunice (also known as Kelly) Mann, born in Leicester, England in 1922.
I know that she died in 2000 in New Zealand, not sure where or when exactly.
I also dont know what happened to her in between 1922 & 2000. ie who did she marry? did she have children etc - any ideas?
thanks again

Berniethatwas

Berniethatwas Report 6 Nov 2007 18:37

Hi G,
How do you know that she died in 2000? If she married then she would have death registered under that name - so whoever told you must know it ?
I'll have a look in the library when I get the chance but it might be a couple of weeks as we're heading into the silly season.
B

Gillian

Gillian Report 7 Nov 2007 09:42

A decendent of her grandad had told me that she died in New Zealand - its a good point of yours about her name ( silly me)!

At this moment, I am not certain who she married, ( I ssume that she did) but will try to find out:
Thanks
Gill

Nathanael

Nathanael Report 14 Nov 2007 14:48

Does anyone have access to the microfiche for New Zealand BDMs? My great great aunt Alice Craig-Hallam died in New Zealand after emigrating there in the 1950s - anyone out there who would be able to look for her?!