Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone had this problem with their tree?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Pat Hope

Pat Hope Report 1 Nov 2007 13:57

A contact pointed out that I hadn't put the husband of my great aunt on my tree. I was sure I had so I checked. I have found that the partners have become disconnected. For example I have Gertrude who married Henry the tree shows no marriage but if I search for Henry he is there showing not married and with all his family with no connection to Gertrude. A have this on about 5 couples. I have emailed but had no reply. i don't know how to sort it out

Heather

Heather Report 1 Nov 2007 13:59

Pat, do you have a family tree program on your computer - not just GRs? If not, do get one and then you will have probably a much better record to keep.

Pat Hope

Pat Hope Report 1 Nov 2007 14:03

Yes I do have other tree programmes FTM Ancestry and Tribal Pages. I have had a lot of contacts via GR so I want to keep it

Heather

Heather Report 1 Nov 2007 14:04

No need to get rid of it - I was just wondering if you had back up should it go completely hay wire! Could you try inporting your FTM gedcom into GR again?

Pat Hope

Pat Hope Report 1 Nov 2007 14:10

I will give it a go

Hapiun

Hapiun Report 1 Nov 2007 14:22

Hi Pat
I had the same problem...I put it down to clicking on the "Update"on genes..
I emailed and asked them what had happened TWICE no useful reply from them so now after putting the info back on my genes tree i don't update at anytime,

Actually i think it's called "new version" not update

Hope you understand what i mean.
Pamx

Pat Hope

Pat Hope Report 1 Nov 2007 16:00

I still had my gedcom file on my computer from when I exported elsewhere. I have now imported it back and it is OK now