Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Where to next

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Euphemia

Euphemia Report 2 Nov 2007 10:06

Morning all ,advice please my side off family from Scotland have had a look at fmp site but cant see if they do Scottish records the only other one that has been mentioned is Scotlands people is there any others checked out gro site but at £17 00 for day pass dont think I am ready for that yet.Thanks Fay.

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 2 Nov 2007 10:38

Ancestry cover the Scottish census but you need Scotlands People for the BMD's.
You need to buy credits £6 for 30. It's 1 credit for a lookup & a further 5 to view the register.
BMD's show more info including both parent's names & Mum's maiden name so you get a lot for your money.
I use this as my proof as I can't afford to get all the certs I need

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 2 Nov 2007 11:03

Scottish censuses are on Ancestry...1841-1901

Reg

Euphemia

Euphemia Report 2 Nov 2007 12:34

Thanks for that Claire I have ancestry but like you need to get right info wanted to make sure it was the right one to go for and you also told me how much thank you Fay