Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

I feel really stupid asking but

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 2 Nov 2007 15:37

can anyone explain how I use PDF file of a parish register please. I think I must be doing something wrong as I know earlier today I found some rellies and now can't find them!!! I'm not usually this stupid I might add, although other's may differ.
Thanks
Di

Leclerc

Leclerc Report 2 Nov 2007 15:42

Di
Open your pdf file, which I presume will open in Acrobat,
go to the EDIT menu, in there you can either SEARCH or FIND, which ever one you choose enter ther rellies name and press find, hopefully that should sort it out for you.
Leclerc

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 2 Nov 2007 15:46

Thank you. I have a whole list of rellies in view at the moment but when I put the surname in the find box and press enter it says none can be found!!!
Di

Leclerc

Leclerc Report 2 Nov 2007 15:49

Di
Is it a scanned pdf or a pdf from word or suchlike?, if it is a scanned pdf, then unfortunetly (I think) you wont be able to search & find, as a scanned pdf is just a picture really.
Leclerc

gemqueen

gemqueen Report 2 Nov 2007 15:55

It think you might be right. I have used PDF files before and they aren't like this one so I will have to go through each entry and check. Now I know why I couldn't find any rellies on the last CD I bought. LOL.
Thanks for replying. It would have taken me ages to suss this out.
Di