Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HOT MATCHES???

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

moe

moe Report 2 Nov 2007 15:38

Can someone please see the connection to these 2 hot matches.

Albert Holt 1878 Salt Lake City Utah.

Sarah Nixon 1869 Scotland (my tree)

does this mean i will get matches for ever person born with 18 in the year of birth? as thats the only connection i can see.

moe

Concrete Woman

Concrete Woman Report 2 Nov 2007 15:49

Dear Minnie

Yes, odd isn't it. I had something similar...would like to know the answer too.

Best wishes,
Caroline

Leclerc

Leclerc Report 2 Nov 2007 15:54

Minnie
I can see more than 1, there are at least 4 more:

A

R

H

O

GR works in mysterious ways

Leclerc

moe

moe Report 2 Nov 2007 16:06

thanks for that, i can now see the connection(may even add to my tree)

moe

Lynne

Lynne Report 2 Nov 2007 16:18

Minne

The same thing happened to my Hot Matches a couple of months ago. I emailed GR to ask why but they did not even respond.

Leclerc

What do the letters mean?
A
R
H
O

Lynne

MarilynB

MarilynB Report 2 Nov 2007 17:03

I had that too, an email with my hot matches and Nothing matched at all. Defeating the object a bit dont you think!!

Marilyn

Leclerc

Leclerc Report 2 Nov 2007 17:17

Granny Lynn

Oh B*****r It won't let me Bold or underline, it was a jest for Friday afternoon, they are letters which are in both names

Albert Holt 1878 Salt Lake City Utah.

Sarah Nixon 1869 Scotland (my tree)

Leclerc

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 3 Nov 2007 15:56

I have had this a few times where nothing matches and its frustrating having to work through this to get to the possible matches!

Lorraine

Lorraine Report 3 Nov 2007 16:02

Is it just me or does everyone experience that although I may have loads of hot matches and I contact people, no-one ever contacts me to see what infor I have? Also why does no-one ever respond to hot match messages?

So infuriating!!!!!!!!!

TinaElizabeth

TinaElizabeth Report 3 Nov 2007 21:07

Lorraine , i to message most of the hot matches , the ones that do match that is.I also never get a reply it is so infuriating.

Tina