Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

help needed please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Carter

Carter Report 3 Nov 2007 17:22

hi i hope someone can help me or point me in the right direction . i have found my great great grandparents marriage on scotlands people but that is all that i can find. the details are
11/2/1808
st cuthberts parish edinburgh
RALPH ASPINALL - royal artillery
MARY DICK - daughter of DAVID DICK - wine vinter of Leigh scotland

i am trying to find out what army or regiment RALPH ASPINALL would have been in it just says royal artillery and what if any battles he might have fought in.
also is there a directory for scotland that might tell me more about david dick - wine vinter of leith

any help or advice would be great
thansk linda

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 3 Nov 2007 17:24

The Royal Artillery is the part of the British Army of which he was a member...........

Google for their history...........

Reg

Carter

Carter Report 3 Nov 2007 17:49

thanks reg i have done that any idea where i can find a directory for leith for david dick wine vinter
linda

Why did I start this?

Why did I start this? Report 3 Nov 2007 19:03

had a look on fam search and Mary is on there. Was her mother Mary ann Mc Ewan?

Carter

Carter Report 3 Nov 2007 22:39

HI Elaine sorry i didnt get back to but i have got a chest infection and had a bad bout of coughing so had a lie down for a while. i dont know who was mary's mother does it say on fam search that her parents are david dick and mary an mcewan ? thanks linda