Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

HELP PLEASE UNKNOWN HALF SISTER.

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Avril

Avril Report 3 Nov 2007 20:07

HI ALL
MY HUSBANDS JUST BEEN TOLD BY HIS MUM HE HAS A HALF SISTER .MY HUSBAND WAS BORN 1953.HIS FATHER WAS ARCHIBALD BROWN BORN 1920 THEY MARRIED 1943, HE WAS A FLOUR STOREMAN.AND HIS LAST JOB WAS A CRANE DRIVER AT JOHN BROWNS SHIPYARD GLASGOW . HE DIED AT THE AGE OF4I IN 1961.HE WAS TOLD HIS DAD WAS IN LODGINGS AT THE TIME.ONLY SHE DOESNT REALLY WANT TO TALK ABOUT IT BUT SHE DID GO WITH HIM AND STAYED OUTSIDE WHILE HE REGISTERD THE BIRTH.THE MOTHERS NAME MAY OF BEEN MAGGIE. ARCHIBALD HAD ALL HIS LIFE LIVED IN GLASGOW.
IF WE WENT TO THE REG OFFICE WOULD I BE ABLE TO GET A BIRTH CERT ONLY KNOWING THE FATHERS NAME AND SOME DETAILS.HE WISHED HE'D KNOWN BEFORE AS HE WOULD OF LIKED TO FIND HER . SHE COULD OF BEEN BORN BETWEEN 1943 AND 1948
ANY HELP PLEASE.
THANK YOU AVRIL BROWN

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 3 Nov 2007 21:47

It's going to be hard to trace the birth with the information you have, as Brown's a very common surname.

You really need to know the mother's maiden name, if possible the child's Christian name, and the place and approximate date when the birth was registered.

Avril

Avril Report 3 Nov 2007 21:54

ok thanks Mary.i know the reg office.no more though.Avril