Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Please I need a big favour

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irish Angel

Irish Angel Report 4 Nov 2007 13:09

Hello
I need a big big favour please been researching my dad side of the family for absolutely ages now getting nowhere.
I'm hoping that somebody who has access to ancestry or any other site will do a lookup for me.please.
These are who I'm looking for
My grandad Eugene Lawrence Beatty date of birth that I have is from Army records 2nd of September, 1894.
He gives is next of kin Father Michael Beatty by address the 27 Dartmouth road Leeson park Dublin.
But what I really am desperate to find is if there was any children born to this marriage between William Desmond Beatty a Norah Gleeson in the church of the sacred heart donnybrook Dublin four on the 27th of June, 1946 I really do not have a clue where to start on this one.
I really would be very grateful for any help thank you
Just going to do both mum's dinner time now I will be back on soon
Take care Lynne. x

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 4 Nov 2007 14:25

It's a very long process to search for children in that period, because you have to trawl the index quarter by quarter.

Ancestry has a free 3-day trial on at the moment, and you don't have to give credit card details to sign up for it.

UPDATE: Sorry, that advice relates to research in England and Wales. No idea about recent Irish research.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 4 Nov 2007 14:28

I can't see Eugene Beatty's birth on FreeBMD - do you know where he was born?

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 4 Nov 2007 14:41

Lynne, in future please don't start threads on two different boards, because people will waste time duplicating searches that have already been done.

Dawnieher3headaches

Dawnieher3headaches Report 4 Nov 2007 14:50

Might be my fault Lynn put this on both boards as was on general and I know some on tips and records dont look over there so told her to put iot on tips or Records forgot to say only one of them.

Please dont blame her didnt make myself clear just after hearing her story in person yesterday knew you lot over here would be better able to help her

d x

Irish Angel

Irish Angel Report 4 Nov 2007 14:53

Hi Mary
Sorry yes born Ireland How are you ?

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 4 Nov 2007 14:53

Thanks Dawn - I wasn't meaning to be rude to Lynne, though, just suggesting how she should proceed next time.

As Dawn says, Lynne, a lot of people on Tips and Records don't look at the General Board, which mostly has non-genealogy-related posts.

MaryfromItaly

MaryfromItaly Report 4 Nov 2007 14:55

Hi Lynne,

The fact that he was born in Ireland makes it a lot more difficult, unfortunately. Have a search for sites about Irish research, which somebody on Records explained how to do on your other thread.

Mary

Irish Angel

Irish Angel Report 4 Nov 2007 14:55

Thank you dawnie

Sorry everyone