Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Old queries on the boards

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Coralie

Coralie Report 4 Nov 2007 20:08

How frustrating! I finally found someone asking for the same people I have in my family tree (we could most definitely be of assistance to each other) only to find that the message was left at least two years ago. How can I get in contact with them to let them know I'm about. Can I request their e-mail address from GR? or will GR contact them for me.

Joy

Joy Report 4 Nov 2007 20:12

Send the person a PM - ie click on the person's name and send a message to him / her . Hopefully the person will see it and respond to you.

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Nov 2007 20:13

go to their thread and clickon their name, then send them a pm, then they will recieve a email from GR telling them they have a messege.

Roy

you just need to hope that they check their email?

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Nov 2007 20:14

Coralie,

send them a personal message (pm) by clicking on the name on the posting, ie, if I wanted to send a message to you I would click on Coralie which is showing as blue underlined at the top left of the message.

This goes to their GR mail box, and GR sends a message to their home email address to say there is a message waiting for them

Now all you have to do is hope that they still have the same home email address that they have registered with GR!!

sylvia

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Nov 2007 20:14

great minds think alike!!!

all 3 of us!

Joy

Joy Report 4 Nov 2007 20:32

My sentiments precisely ... :-)

Half

Half Report 4 Nov 2007 20:56

please let us know how you get on

regards

half pint

Coralie

Coralie Report 5 Nov 2007 18:34

Thanks to all those that have taken the time to help. Have just left a message, so fingers crossed, I will get a response. Being the optimist I am, will get a reply very soon.