Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

strange

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Irenemac

Irenemac Report 4 Nov 2007 20:14

Just noticed that the message I posted a earlier is not on the tips board although it comes up when I look at my threads. Could this be why I've not had any answers? Wonder where it is.
Irene

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 4 Nov 2007 20:16

Irene,

why don't you go to the one in your My Threads, and add something to it (even just n or nudge), and see what happens.

That is the way to bring up old threads so it might work for yours!!

sylvia

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Nov 2007 20:17

it is probably on another page, to find it you can clickon the page numbers at the top of this page

Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | >>Sort by:Latest Reply Oldest ReplyMore: 16 to 30 | 31 to 45 | 46 to 60 | 61 to 75 | 76 to 90 | 91 to 100

or go to your thread and nudge it by entering some text and clickin on add reply

Roy

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 4 Nov 2007 20:21

Is it the thread entitled "another angle" about a ship's captain? If so it is further down the first page.

Kath. x

Irenemac

Irenemac Report 4 Nov 2007 20:40

no its called births/deaths at sea and I can't work out how to nudge it. Sorry to be so stupid
Irene x

Porkie_Pie

Porkie_Pie Report 4 Nov 2007 20:44

go to the thread and open/clickon it, at the bottom of the page where the box is for you to reply to the thread just put any text eg, n or nudge, then clickon submit, at the bottom

Roy

Irenemac

Irenemac Report 4 Nov 2007 20:50

Ok, dipstick or what? It's in the sucess stories, which it obviouly isn't.
Thanks. I'll try again.
Irene x