Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Death Certificate

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 5 Nov 2007 16:51

Does anyone know if a 1931 death certificate would have place of birth on it, I believe that more recent ones do have it.

Thanks
Pam

ErikaH

ErikaH Report 5 Nov 2007 16:54

No, it wouldn't.

I'm not sure that they do even now...........DOB, yes, but place, I think not.

Reg

Joy

Joy Report 5 Nov 2007 17:07

Not in the 1930s, no, sorry.

Amanda,

Amanda, Report 5 Nov 2007 18:15

Hi,

Just to clear up the point Reggie asked, I have a few death certs after 1972 which do have the place of birth.

Not sure when this started though, maybe someone else will know.

Kind regards
Amanda

Joy

Joy Report 5 Nov 2007 18:22

Just checking those that I have - 1969: no, 1971: yes, included date and place of birth.

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 5 Nov 2007 18:23

I thought that place of birth and women's maiden names were added to death certificates from 1969.

Kath. x

Joy

Joy Report 5 Nov 2007 18:25

From a thread of mine that I have just nudged

Since 1 April, 1969, the date and place of birth of the deceased, the usual address and the maiden name in the case of a married woman, are also given.

- the death certificate for 1969 that I just mentioned was for January 1969.

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 5 Nov 2007 21:35

Hi
I have a maiden name & place of birth from a death certificate but GRO cannot locate a birth certificate from the information. Death certificate mid 1980's
Paul

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 5 Nov 2007 21:44

Thanks everyone for taking the time to reply, i have just found the death of hubby's Great Granddad, I have never had any info on him and there is none to ask, OH only remembered the G Grandmother, I have a copy of the marriage certificate is

25th September 1893 Roman Catholic Chapel, Rutland Place Swansea

Ellen Elizabeth Winter ( age 20) of The Cornish Mount, The Strand Swansea
to
Henry Joseph Murphy (age 30) Master Mariner
On board The steamship City of Hamburg, Prince of Wales Dock, Swansea,

I have the family of Ellen Winter , but he has evaded me, I knew he was buried in Cathays cemetery Cardiff with Ellen ( died 1957) and two of the children today I found out that he was buried 21st August 1931 age 69, with the marriage certificate and his death I can take his birth as being 1861/2/3 , BUT WHERE , hence my enquiry, with the surname Murphy I think I should maybe look towards Ireland I have not been able to find him on any of the census so I can presume he was at sea each time and as he was merchant seaman I dont think they did the census but I am probably wrong, so if anyone can give me a push in the right direction it would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks

Pam XX

Llamedos Pam

Llamedos Pam Report 6 Nov 2007 13:58

nudge in the hope some kind soul will give me some idea's where to look

Thanks Pam