Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

What can I hope to find please?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Tiger-Lily

Tiger-Lily Report 5 Nov 2007 17:27

On Find My Past, if I pay to search for a relative on a passanger ships list, what information can I hope to find please?
What I mean is, will it show a home address, or next of kin or anything that may confirm that it is my one - or not?
Regards and thanks,
Tiger-Lily

Ivy

Ivy Report 5 Nov 2007 18:59

Hi Tiger-Lily,

The best one I found had mum dad and two kids travelling together with the ages of the children. Often the only info given is the surname with Mr/Mrs/Miss and there do seem to be a lot of young singles travelling aside from the commercial travellers. Addresses seem to be rare - the only one I have seen was clearly the boarding house used the day before embarking!

If you do find a relative, it is nice to able to download the image direct (whereas BMD certificates hae to be ordered through the post).