Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Little William Street - Photo

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 7 Nov 2007 18:48

Hi all,
Does anyone live near Pembroke Street, Islington, London who could take a digital photo of the houses.
My very distant ancestors lived at Story Cottage (or Fort Cottage, the certificate is difficult to read), Little William Street.

Islington library forwarded this reply to me when I asked where it would have been.
"Little William Street or William Street North changed name in 1876 to Pembroke Street, that street is still extant between Caledonian Road and York Way, north of Bemerton Street".

It would be appreciated.
Many thanks
Paul

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o°

°o.OOº°‘¨Claire in Wales¨‘°ºOO.o° Report 7 Nov 2007 20:00

This might be worth a look but I haven't checked the areas covered

http://photoexchange.ourgenealogy.co.uk/pe/index.php

KathleenBell

KathleenBell Report 7 Nov 2007 20:17

If you put ...Pembroke Street Islington.... into Google maps click "search" and then click "hybrid" and zoom in you can see at satelite photo of the street.

Kath. x

HeadStone

HeadStone Report 7 Nov 2007 21:54

Hi Katheen & Claire,
Thanks for that but Google map tends to be more of an aerial view and I think you don't necessarily get a feel of the street. I'll try the photoexchange site.
Many thanks
Paul