Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Has anyone got access to any New York papers.?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Linda G

Linda G Report 9 Nov 2007 14:38

Marie T Hammond died January 1922 at Bellevue Hospital aged 2 years. Died of burns to the body.

Wondered if anyone could find out any more for me?

Thanks

Linda

Allan

Allan Report 9 Nov 2007 14:57

if you want newyork state papers try www.fultonhistory .com or google newyork city newspaper archives

Orange Cat and Me

Orange Cat and Me Report 9 Nov 2007 16:48

Its an earlier time period, but the Brooklyn Daily Eagle online is fab, covers 1841 - 1902, easy to search, great reading; I sometimes forget what I am supposed to be looking for. But I have found loads of family history; BMDs etc.
www.brooklynpubliclibrary.org/eagle/

Orange Cat and Me

Orange Cat and Me Report 9 Nov 2007 16:54

Mary Hammond, 2years, 0n January 27 , 1922 death cert #22723. She died at 7;15 ( am or pm not designated ) . She died at Bellevue Hospital from burns of the body. Her clothes caughtfire at the residence. Her body had been taken to the city morgue. The certificate was signed by the assistant and Chief medical examiners. parents were George Hammond and Anna Collins. She was buried in Calvary Cemetary on January 29 , 1922.
Found on worldconnect.rootsweb

Linda G

Linda G Report 9 Nov 2007 18:14

OMG Orange Cat, thanks sooo much

Linda xxxx