Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Success!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

RStar

RStar Report 13 Nov 2007 17:44

Have finally broken a brick wall I thought I'd NEVER break. My great gran was a Romany gypsy, with no birth cert and no marriage cert. After putting a letter in the South Wales paper, a lovely lady has written to me, and asked me to phone her. My great gran was her great aunt...and shes told me my great grans parents names, with more info to come hopefully when I phone her at 6pm. Armed with the names she gave me, Ive today found them on the census, and am back to 1791. They had very unusual names, thankfully! Dont ever give up, and best wishes to you all. xxx

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 13 Nov 2007 18:05

What a result.

Well done

Maureen

Marcelle

Marcelle Report 13 Nov 2007 18:07

Brilliant news!!

Marcelle

Sue in Somerset

Sue in Somerset Report 13 Nov 2007 18:45

That is wonderful news. :)))

Well done for being so determined as it has obviously paid off.

I'm really pleased for you.

Best wishes
Sue
x

Nickydownsouth

Nickydownsouth Report 13 Nov 2007 19:22

Great news Romany,just proves you should never give up your search........

Nicky

SylviaInCanada

SylviaInCanada Report 13 Nov 2007 20:42

Wonderful news!

sylvia