Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

how can I be sure on right person

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

lady jane

lady jane Report 14 Nov 2007 21:13

I am looking for the death of a mary jane metcalf born in 1857 she was alive in 1901 and on the census, we arn,t sure when she died and I have already sent for and recieved the wrong death cert she lived in newcastle upon tyne and we belived that she died when my grandfather was about 11 which makes it about 1910 but it could have been before that, is it a case of sending for all of the mary jane and mary metcalf in the area or is there an easier way

regards janet

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Nov 2007 21:30

Hi Janet

Can you place her on the 1901 census for us?

bW

Jane

lady jane

lady jane Report 14 Nov 2007 21:33

1901 census mary jane lived with husband edward,children edward allina robert george william and john in fairless st byker

Victoria

Victoria Report 14 Nov 2007 21:47

Hi Janet,

Can't find anything in the area under Mary Jane Metcalf or Mary J. This looks about the nearest if the dob is correct

.England & Wales, FreeBMD Death Index: 1837-1983
about Mary Metcalf
Name: Mary Metcalf
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1855
Year of Registration: 1913
Quarter of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec
Age at Death: 58
District: Newcastle Upon Tyne
County: Northumberland, Tyne and Wear
Volume: 10b
Page: 7 (click to see others on page)

or this one

METCALF Mary J 55 Newcastle upon Tyne.10b 45 1 1920

BW

Jane

MargaretM

MargaretM Report 14 Nov 2007 22:00

According to the 1901 census she was born 1863, Newcastle.

lady jane

lady jane Report 14 Nov 2007 22:12

1901 census is wrong she was born in 1857 she was in the 1861 census as mary jane graham, I have already recieved the cert of mary metcalf that died in 1913

Victoria

Victoria Report 15 Nov 2007 20:48

Just a thought. Do you know when her husband died? She could be buried with him so if you can trace his death and where he is buried it could lead you to finding her details

Best of Luck

Jane

lady jane

lady jane Report 15 Nov 2007 20:55

hi jane

we were under the impression that edward and jane died about the same time as my grandfathers sister allina brought him up, but searching through the records I found edward didn,t die until 1915. thanks for the tip

regards janet