Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Great Wall of China!!!

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 15 Nov 2007 23:46

I have hit brick walls with my g.g grandparents. I have addresses where they were born (early 1900's) and parents names but am stuffed after that! I have all their names but clueless as where to go next. Parish names confuse me - how do I get a complete list - area is Manchester Ancoats/Bradford

ANY help would be great xxxxxxx

Peterkinz

Peterkinz Report 15 Nov 2007 23:49

Suggest you give us what you have.....

Peter

Sam

Sam Report 16 Nov 2007 00:07

This is not a brick wall!!

Do you have their birth certificates? Have you got the marriage of the parents or found them on the 1901 census?

If you don't have their birth certs, you need to buy them.

Sam x

Heather

Heather Report 16 Nov 2007 11:30

Oh Jennifer, Id love a "brick wall" like this :) If you want a real Wall of China - Ill pass some of mine over.

I suggest you check out tips for newbies - Ill bump it up for you.

Re Reg districts - check out Genuki online.

Jennifer

Jennifer Report 19 Nov 2007 22:28

Hi,

many thanks for your response - I will check it out! I am very new aren't I!!!

Cheers

Jennyx