Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Printing..Help

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 17 Nov 2007 11:54

I know I'm not very cumputer savvy, but I have never been able to print off anything from my tree using the sizing grid as no matter what I do I can't reach the print button at the bottom, when I try to raise it with the mouse as soon as I let go it drops down.When I use the task bar, I print pink and blue cubes obscured by the G,R, stuff and "compass" How can I print what I actually see on screen? Or is it a lost cause?

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 17 Nov 2007 12:28

Thanks I will try that, I also have to reduce size to cancel the "changes "list which obscures the bottom corner of the tree, G.r. blithely press on happy that all is well, telling us what a wonderful job they are doing, when the most basic things don't work,Hey Ho .....thanks for your help,glad to know I'm not the only one!

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 17 Nov 2007 13:06

Thankyou for telling me that, as while I was trying the first hint I with f11 key I recieved a 48 page printout with 3 blank pages between each ,of a completely different family, not known to me ...with living relatives. ,which makes me doubt the security question.I have shredded them for safety. Once bitten..twice shy.!!

Lindsey*

Lindsey* Report 17 Nov 2007 14:23

Thanks I will try that ,after the shock of 150 pieces of paper and all that mis -information maybe I should stick to pen and paper!!!!

Christine

Christine Report 11 Dec 2007 15:28

thanks to all on printing hints,i am fedup with printing a graph,experiencing onl half the screen with no print selection visable,I am reasonable on a computer but printing my tree or lack of has driven me mad, so off to c if f11 or print screen will work,Christine