Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

can't find birth

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 20 Nov 2007 20:48

Hi all,

i can't find a birth. Beatrice Louise Gannaway married Edward Batchelor in greenwich in 1919, which i have found on freebmd. i have been told they had a son who died at about aged 2 possibly from meningitis. the child was named for beatrice's brother Henry Charles ( aka Harry). i can't find a birth at all with mmn Gannaway between 1917 and 1935, nor can i find a death for the child. any help would be really appreciated.thanks
leanne.x

GlitterBaby

GlitterBaby Report 20 Nov 2007 22:16

Have you looked at the complete indexes on Ancestry or Findmypast.

Coverage on Freebmd is a bit hit and miss for the period you are talking about

MR_MAGOO

MR_MAGOO Report 20 Nov 2007 22:53

Hi Leanne.
BIRTH
Harry E Batchelor Sept Q 1922. District Reigate volume 2a page 378 .
Mothers maiden name Gannaway.
DEATH
Harry E Batchelor Sept Q 1924 District Reigate volume 2a page 221.

Malcolm.

:) still smiling :)

:) still smiling :) Report 21 Nov 2007 13:01

oh thank you both so much. sorry i didn't reply up until now, my computer has a mind of its own and often lets me down. Glitter baby, i hadn't looked on those as i don't have membership and subscription. can you still look at them without subs?

Malcolm thank you for finding them for me, will order the certs to complete my info.

thanks to both of you for replying, i really appreciate it.

Leanne.x