Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Murder in the USA

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 22 Nov 2007 11:49

I wonder if anyone can help. Been doing some research on my American ancestors and just happened to find that a husband and wife both died on the same day. Got both death certs today to see whether they were both in an accident and on his it states Suicide - Gunshot and on hers Homicide - Gun shot.

Does anyone know or can anyone point me in the right direction to see if there is a newspaper article or inquest or anything.

They are: Paris J Ballard b1881 Payson, Utah and Ida Viola Ballard nee Chadwick b1890 Randolph, Richmond, Utah. On her death cert she is just called Viola Ballard.

Any help is appreciated.

Charlotte

Deb needs a change

Deb needs a change Report 22 Nov 2007 12:03

This comes up with google:

CEMETERY: Mill Fork Cemetery; Mill Fork, Utah co., Utah

BALLARD, Ida Viola 11 Jan 1890 12 Sep 1919, wife of Paris Ballard, dau of Aaron & Ida Viola (Winder) Chadwick
BALLARD, Paris J. 10 May 1881 12 Sep 1919, husband of Ida Viola, son of James Sullivan & Isabella (Race)

Don't know if it helps much, but at least you know where they're buried.

Deb:)

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 22 Nov 2007 12:25

There are several people on Rootsweb who have listed her name. However, they all have thousands of names in their records, so you may not be able to obtain anything personal about her.
http://wc.rootsweb.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 22 Nov 2007 12:28

In case you don't know, there is a photograph of the cemetery marker:
http://www.utahgravestones.org/view.php?id=80

(Also has Chadwicks)

Lisa J in California

Lisa J in California Report 22 Nov 2007 12:40

Still nothing to help with your original request, but this was interesting:
http://www.milburnonline.com/MillForkCemetery.htm

Charlotte

Charlotte Report 22 Nov 2007 13:13

Thank you for all your information so far, will look at it now and keep searching!

Charlotte

covlass

covlass Report 22 Nov 2007 15:10

look up the local libary in that area or reseach centre, see if they will look it up for you. I did this and they sent me a massive amount of information by post and only charged me $15 for what must have taken hours, i got newspaper reports. information on the land they owned, pages out of books

sharon