Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Property searches ?

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

LD

LD Report 23 Nov 2007 17:12

We all search for people online but is there anyway of getting the history of properties online, to find out who owned them and when ?

Joy

Joy Report 23 Nov 2007 17:51

This looks an interesting site to explore, though I don't know if one can search online for ownership of properties.

http://uktv.co.uk/history/item/aid/569363

was plain ann now annielaurie

was plain ann now annielaurie Report 23 Nov 2007 17:54

There's the Land Registry site. You have to pay (£5ish, I think) and can download all records relating to a particular address. I read earlier this week, though, that they are going to stop access, during to security concerns, so don't know whether it's still available.

Julie

Julie Report 23 Nov 2007 18:06

Just to let you know this is on General too

~~~to Joy

Joy

Joy Report 23 Nov 2007 18:08

Sometimes I don't think to look at the general board

... :-)

~~~~ to Julie.

LD

LD Report 23 Nov 2007 18:39

Thanks for replies, I will follow up those suggestions ..... yes I put it on General as well as to start with I wasn't getting replies on tips !