Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

war grave info please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Sidami

Sidami Report 24 Nov 2007 23:45

If someone who died in the war and has a headstone with his name on in a war cemetery in Dover does that mean that he is actually buried there?

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!)

Jill 2011 (aka Warrior Princess of Cilla!) Report 24 Nov 2007 23:48

Have you found him on CWGC? That usually tells you if it's a grave or a memorial.

Sidami

Sidami Report 24 Nov 2007 23:50

Jill I have found him and it does say that there is a grave but I was told he died at sea and I just wondered if they just put a headstone there but I guess they would of buried him where his headstone is

(¯`*•.¸ (¯`*•.¸Valerie¸.

(¯`*•.¸ (¯`*•.¸Valerie¸. Report 24 Nov 2007 23:54

Hi sue Just been reading another thread, and found this link try it

http://www.cwgc.org/debt_of_honour.asp

Val

Gwyn in Kent

Gwyn in Kent Report 24 Nov 2007 23:55

If he has a headstone rather than a mention on a memorial wall, for example, it does sound as if he is buried there.

Gwyn

Staffs Col

Staffs Col Report 25 Nov 2007 08:57

if the records show just died at sea and not buried at sea then I would think his body was returned to the UK and is buried where his headstone is

Sidami

Sidami Report 25 Nov 2007 09:32

Morning to you all thankyou for your help

Sue.........