Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

kerr scotland

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Nicholas

Nicholas Report 27 Nov 2007 19:38

my grandfather was peter falconer kerr b.1914 in scotland. how do i access scottish records as i cannot find them on G.R.Any tips welcome.thanks nick horton.x.

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 27 Nov 2007 19:55

You need to ask someone who is going to Edinburgh Records office. Type Scotland records or Scottish records in the search box on these message boards.

Suzanne

Juelz

Juelz Report 27 Nov 2007 20:31

Scotlands People. It cocts £6 for 30 credits. If you are lucky with your search you can obtain 5 certificates with it. Birth, marriage and death records all contain parents details. I wish england did the same.

Julie

Suzi-Wong

Suzi-Wong Report 27 Nov 2007 20:34

Born after 1905..will not be on scotlandspeople.

Suzanne