Genealogy Chat

Top tip - using the Genes Reunited community

Welcome to the Genes Reunited community boards!

• The Genes Reunited community is made up of millions of people with similar interests. Discover your family history and make life long friends along the way.
  • You will find a close knit but welcoming group of keen genealogists all prepared to offer advice and help to new members.
  • And it's not all serious business. The boards are often a place to relax and be entertained by all kinds of subjects.
  • The Genes community will go out of their way to help you, so don’t be shy about asking for help.

Quick Search

Single word search

Icons

• No new posts
  • Thread closed
  • Stickied, new posts
  • Stickied, no new posts

Help please

ProfilePosted byOptionsPost Date

Kathlyn

Kathlyn Report 29 Nov 2007 18:57

In 1990 I changed my name back to my maiden name, I did this through a solicitor. I am unable to find it and I need it ASAP as it is required to confirm my name change as our mortgage will mature in 5 weeks time.

Please, where do I apply to obtain a copy?????

Kathlyn

Sam

Sam Report 29 Nov 2007 19:24

You can't usually get copies, you have to pay for a new one:

Apply for a replacement Deed Poll
If you have lost your original Deed Poll and you did not return it to us for archiving (as part of our legal copy and archive service), all you can do is apply for a new Deed Poll to replace your lost Deed Poll. This is the accepted practice and we issue Deed Polls every day to people who have lost their original.

If you did return your Deed Poll to us for archiving, we will be able to issue a legal copy of your original Deed Poll. To order legal copies of your archived Deed Poll please click here. Please note, if you ordered your Deed Poll from us before May 2000, we will not have your Deed Poll archived because before this date the archive service was not available

Sam x